It’s my first update! Woohoo! So I’ve already hit a speed bump, but that’s normal for any journey. I don’t think you can get through a major life or habit change without dealing with obstacles. I am super excited to be on this path, and even more excited that despite issues right out of the gate, I’m still 100% motivated to keep going. I’d like to say thank you to everyone who has encouraged me so far. Even just “liking” the link does a lot for me, knowing you are watching.
Alright, so I started my 90 day challenge yesterday. Here are the goals I have set for myself.
- Daily Activity & Daily Logging- Literally as basic as it sounds. Even on days off, I have to move. At MINIMUM, I will meet my 10K steps per day fitbit goal and I will not go over 1100 calories.
- Be my friend on Fitbit (firstname.lastname@example.org) and MyFitnessPal (elainedenise2014)
- No drinking alcohol. This is going to be a beast to get through, seeing as I have chosen to do this challenge through Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, my birthday & New Years. I am not a big drinker these days, but I do enjoy a few drinks with friends and family.
- Pack a lunch for work. No more eating “junk” because I was too lazy to take the time to pack a decent meal.
- IF – Intermittent fasting. I will eat between 11:30am and 7pm and not outside those hours. For more information on IF and its benefits, see here.
- C25K. I am using this app. It is an easy way for non-runners to go from sitting on the couch to running a 5k. Seeing as it’s only 3 days per week, it makes it actually do-able. And it’s FREE.
- Drink insane amounts of water. Not for reals insane… Just a lot. One of the main reasons people don’t lose weight is because they are severely dehydrated. Making sure my body has what it needs to function allows it to drop the unneeded fat faster.
- Beach Body 30 Day Challenge. After that, The Insanity Workout. Those two will get me through my 90 days without having to add additional “training”.
- Sleep. Sleep, sleep, sleep. I am going to try for 7 hours a night. I normally get 5-6 because I’m a night owl. I feel so much better when I get the right amount, so I’ve added it to my challenge.
- Yoga at least once per week, but I’m going to try for more. This, coupled with using the sauna 3 times per week should keep my muscles loose and prevent injury.
- Finally, I’m doing the incline every Tuesday.
7am weigh in – 158.5 lbs — Down 0/25
Day one started without a hitch. I logged my calories, got 10k+ steps, did my IF and completed day one of the Beach Body Challenge. About an hour before I got off work, I started getting an insane one sided headache. It got worse as the night went on, despite taking ibuprofen and laying down. As I was doing my planks, I could feel the banging on the right side of my head like someone was literally punching me. I decided that even though it was my first day, I needed to forgo running for the evening. I was extremely upset and was feeling like a failure, but my loving boyfriend reminded me of all the ways I succeeded. It brought me to a place of peace, just realizing that I could keep going forward no matter what. I went to bed before 10pm and rested, which allowed me to wake up without a headache.
Beach Body: 2 60 second planks and 50 crunches.
7am weigh in – 158.2 lbs — Down .3/25
Today was awesome. Waking up to a loss was fantastic. I know it seems small, but for someone who is actively putting SO MUCH effort into losing weight, .3 is amazing. I completed all of my goals today. A lot of people don’t understand how little 1100 calories is. I am going to go ahead and posts todays food diary so that you can see. I won’t do this every day. In fact, in the future, I’ll probably only post exceptional days, bad days or ones I feel you would gain something to see. I feel like I’m already motivating people to make changes in their lives, based on what I’m hearing from friends and family. If nothing else comes of this blog other than reaching my goals, THAT is what I want it to be.
Beach Body: 100 bicycle crunches and 2 30 second planks. 100 squats.
|Coffee With Half N Half – Coffee, 2 Medium Coffee||100||2||28||2||50||2|
|String Cheese – Natural String Cheese, 2 stick (28 gr)||160||2||10||14||380||0|
|Outtakes – Cottage Cheese, 0.25 cup||41||2||1||7||230||2|
|Kirkland Signature- Honey Roasted Turkey Breast – Lunch Meat, 2 slice(35g)||90||4||1||16||320||4|
|Sante Fe Tortilla Company – Homestyle Whole Grain Tortilla, 1 tortilla||100||13||4||8||328||0|
|Kirkland – Bacon, 2 slices (18g)||80||0||6||6||350||0|
|kirkland – Shredded Cheddar Cheese, 0.25 cup||83||1||7||5||135||0|
|Homemade Aas – 2 Scrambled Eggs, 1 eggs||60||1||5||6||65||0|
|Tyson – Breakfast Sausage Patties, 1 PATTIE||130||1||10||9||330||0|
|Quest – Cookies and Creme, 1 bar||180||22||7||21||310||1|
|Your Daily Goal||1,680||21||84||211||2,300||48|
|*You’ve earned 580 extra calories from exercise today|